Tuition, Fees, & Deadlines
2017 Tuition, Room, and Board: $3500
All fees are payable in U.S. funds drawn on a U.S. bank only. Foreign students should obtain an international Money Order in U.S. dollars. All checks are payable to Seattle Opera, 1020 John Street, Seattle, WA 98109.
*Tuition paid by credit card will be charged a 4% processing fee. To avoid this additional cost, please pay tuitions by check. Please include the name of the participant on the check.
APPLICATION FEES & DATES
$80 – Application submitted after March 17, 2017
Tuition/Room & Board
- Tuition Deposit: $300 USD – Due May 17, 2017. This deposit holds your spot and is applied towards tuition, but is non-refundable if you choose to not attend.
- Damage Deposit: $250 – Due June 1, 2017
The damage deposit can be paid by credit card or check. If no damage is in incurred, the damage deposit will be refunded by the original form of payment.
- Remaining Tuition Balance: $3200 USD – Due July 1, 2017
Off-Campus Option: Those living in Whatcom County, Washington can choose to live off-campus.
- The Tuition deposit is non-refundable for students that choose not to attend the SO Academy.
- 50% of tuition will be forfeited for cancellations less than 3 weeks prior to arrival.
- 100% of tuition will be forfeited for cancellations less than 2 weeks prior to arrival.
- Tuition is non-refundable for students that withdraw after arrival.
FINANCIAL AID & SCHOLARSHIPS
The SO Summer Academy offers partial scholarships and work-study programs to assist students with their tuition. Successful applicants must reply within one week of receiving the acceptance letter, or risk losing the scholarship offer.
The Financial Aid portion of the application is optional, but applicants are encouraged to include any information they believe is relevant.
Scholarships are based on financial need and only cover a partial amount of tuition, room, and board.
- Merit Sponsorships: a limited number of sponsorships are available to those students who demonstrate excellence in their audition. Those being considered for sponsorships will be notified following acceptance.
Additional scholarships for musicians may be available through schools, service clubs, performing arts organizations, businesses, and foundations. There is a list of available scholarship support.